Posts Tagged ‘iDocs’
IBM Drops Support for Advanced Function Printing Utilities
Last year it was announced that the 5770-AF1 IBM Advanced Function Printing Utilities will not be supported on IBM i V7R3 OS. While there is no indication that the AFP data stream and protocol are no longer supported, the AFP Utilities and the InfoPrint tool for designing pages will not be supported in V7R3. This would indicate that you can continue to print existing applications, but that you can not create a new form overlay or modify an existing one.
A replacement for APF to consider is the acclaimed iDocs Forms Suite from inFORM Decisions. iDocsTM provides easy-to-use forms designer and spool file data mapper with menus to set up business rules for manual or automatic processing and intelligent distribution of merged, formatted reports, forms and security MICR checks. Print in color with graphics and bar codes.
The snap-on Laser form printing module attaches to the iDocsTM Administrator to provide menus and business rules for defining dynamic, complex document printing operations on the IBM i. This solution is usable with all iSeries, System i and Power Server accounting/ERP solutions including JD Edwards, Mapics, Lawson, HTE, SAP, ORACLE, Computer Guidance, Optimum, Metalware, Pansophic, DCMS, PRMS, Infinium …any software application that generates a spool or XML file output.
With iDocs, you can replace AFP while modernizing your documents and improving your workflow processes; distributing documents as PDF via email and fax, optionally archiving and importing them into a paperless Electronic Content Management system.
inFORM Decisions has been a Document Automation provider specializing in state of the art Document Automation solutions for the IBM i – iSeries – AS/400 arena since 1994, we believe it is clear that the IBM i systems will be relevant for a long time offering the stability and security that you’ve come to expect from IBM i. inFORM Decisions is committed to the IBM i iSeries AS/400 platform forever!
inFORM Decisions has been an IBM i (iSeries, AS/400) native, Document Management and Workflow software development company since 1994. Our business partners and customers are worldwide and lend testimony to the state of the art, stability of IFD solutions.
Call (800) 858-5544 / (949) 709-5838 or visit us at www.informdecisions.com for more information about our acclaimed iDocs suite of IBM i products.
The iSeries/AS400 contains an integrated file system (IFS). This means applications written on other file systems, PC, Unix, etc., can access data stored on the AS/400. The IFS integrates all file systems on the AS/400 with one interface and one set of rules. How the AS/400 developers accomplished this was to use a single root, like a PC file system, and put all other file systems under it. From a Windows client the AS/400 would appear as a network drive. Under that drive you would have PC-like subdirectories for all the file systems the AS/400 supports. Currently there is support for PC file systems, Unix file systems, OS/400 libraries, and others. The IFS provides access to the data. The data must be in compatible format for the requesting application. The IFS includes Spool files.
The inFORM Decisions iDocs product interfaces with both the Spool Files and the DB2 database and can create custom reports and spread sheets from this stored data.
iDocs is the Nerve Center for inFORM’s Powerful Document Automation
inFORM Decisions is among the first application providers to be certified on IBM’s new family of expert integrated systems.
Product Description: iDocsTM is the central processing engine (administrator) that runs seamlessly with iSeries – System i – Power Systems Accounting/ERP software applications. iDocs monitors Output Queues for spool files, database files or XML data to process and route based on user-defined business rules.
Solution Description: iDocsTM provides easy-to-use menus to set up business rules for manual or automatic processing and intelligent distribution of merged, formatted reports, iSeries forms and security MICR checks.
- Savings linked to less paper-handling, document loading, storage, distribution, postage/shipping, faxes, telephone, labor and waste
- Faster cash flow through faster (automated) document distribution
- Native Power System i processing means faster processing with more security and data control versus solutions that require a download to another (Intel or other) based processor
- Reliably and accurately expedites delivery of invoices, business forms, reports and other documents to the exact people who need them via email, fax, print and/or archive
- Integrates with iDocs’ SmartRouter so you can easily define even complex rules for how the System i should split out, process, regroup and distribute individual pages of a spool file
- No impact on current Accounting/ERP business software…operation is transparent
- Conditional routing based on pre-defined business rules on a page-by-page basis
- Payback period is normally 6 to 12 months
- Usable with all iSeries, System i and Power Server accounting/ERP solutions including JD Edwards, Mapics, Lawson, HTE, SAP, ORACLE, Computer Guidance, Optimum, Metalware, Pansophic, DCMS, PRMS, Infinium …any software application that generates a spool or XML file output
- Supports to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and HIPAA compliance and security requirements
- Powerful conditional options for users to dynamically and automatically call different data mapping routines, overlays, routing instructions and form sets
- On-line documentation and reference materials immediately available with Dokuwiki
- Dedicated support line and staff exists for all inFORM products
- Reduces/eliminates use of paper, reducing costs and pressure on forests
- User friendly Utility Menu facilitates product administration and setup
- iDocs offers high speed performance: processes merges and distribution operations in seconds
- Automatic engine monitors, captures, converts and routes to recipients based on predefined business rules
- iMap the state-of-the-art graphical and coordinate (green screen) methods to align/map spool data to the correct locations on the predefined form or report
- Auto-burst, sort, decollate, collate options for all report and document applications
- Routing information (email, fax, print outque) can be retrieved from an existing data base or spool file
- SmartRouter integration automates complex filtering and distribution requirements of spooled reports, iSeries forms, invoice runs and business documents – on a page-by-page basis – for fast, repeatable delivery of documents.
- Sort sequences for group pages and/or for a single recipient
- Create formsets with collated output from different spool file merges and different sources
- Mobile digital signature capture option available — See iSign for details.
- Supports an unlimited number of form, report or check applications
- Supports duplex (backside) printing, assuming laser printer supports duplex