Business Process Management and Workflow Benefits
If you are an organization that still does BBP (Business by Paper), you have some great benefits you can glean through the use of digital workflow software. If you are not familiar with workflow software, you can think of it as a digital in and outbox (Broader definition here: Workflow Software: What is it?). You can do things like simple document routing, advanced approvals and even data collection with the workflow tool. Below are 5 quick benefits you can achieve with a digital workflow solutions:
- Insight to your business processes – ever wonder on the status of your vacation request or expense claim? With workflow process software you can immediately check on the status of any process as an end-user. As a manager, you can peer into the workings of any process you manage, and find bottlenecks that can help you improve efficiency.
- Routing of documents – ever lose a document or have it sit on someone’s desk for a week? With workflow software, you have a digital trail that can route documents throughout the organization. Need to route inbound mail? Want to send an email attachment to someone for action? It’s a snap.
- Approvals – Most organizations go through a painful process of emailing documents for approvals. Take a contract that needs to have the input of multiple managers. With process management/workflow, you can set up an approval process that tracks each step, changes and individual input.
- Audit Power – need to audit a financial process that happened 3 months ago? With workflow software, a historical record is logged and maintained. You can always go back and peer into the process and its data.
- Beyond the simple – the above are simple and basic benefits of a workflow solution, but understand, most process engines today can take highly complex processes and automate them. Want to put a capital expenditure process in place that does currency conversions for international offices? Need an HR on boarding process that spans 5 departments and 30 people? No problem.
This was just a short list of the benefits of our workflow solutions. Give us a shout today to learn more.